– Sponsored Content – Lockdown has forced me to look at most things differently including my beauty routine. With limits on how often I can leave my home, I’ve found myself being a little resourceful and scouring my kitchen for inspiration. In a fun twist of events, I have teamed up with Yakult to share three innovative and frankly great beauty treats you can whip up at home in the comfort of your home.
Speaking of the Yakult Lady System, did you know the Yakult Lady system started in 1963 and the company currently employs over 80,000 Yakult Ladies worldwide, with more than 35,000 in Japan alone. The Yakult Lady performs an important role, delivering Yakult products door-to-door every day, from rural areas to high-rise buildings in the city, rather interestingly and impressively, more than 50% of Yakult products in Japan are distributed by Yakult Ladies. The Yakult ladies are not only a wealth of information in regards to how Yakult works but they are renowned for their often novel approaches on how to use Yakult as a beauty product. With that in mind, I have three quick and easy beauty recipes by Abigail James that you can try at home with Yakult!
Think of this as a nourishing and deeply impressive mask as the combination of ingredients allow for it to hydrate and exfoliate the skin all at once:
You will need:
– 1 bottle of Yakult – freshly opened, you will be using down to the first line.
– 1 tablespoon of Honey
– 1 heaped tablespoon of coconut oil; you can substitute this for sunflower or almond oil if you have blemish prone skin.
– 1/2 the contents of either a black or green tea teabag (simply snip open and pour out)
– 3 tablespoons of oats
1, Combine all the ingredients in a bowl (the oil may need softened beforehand) and allow to stand for up to 15 minutes to allow the oats to soften. You may want to pop your mixture in the fridge for an altogether more cooling concoction.
2, Cleanse your face as normal with your regular cleanser and then apply the mask to the entire face and neck area should you wish. Allow to absorb for 15 minutes.
3, Over a sink, dampen the skin to soften the mix and work the mask into the face with small, circular motions to massage the skin.
4, Remove thoroughly using warm water and a face flannel.
5, Pat dry and continue your skincare routine as normal.
Smoother, glossier and all together more manageable hair is just a few minutes away…
You will need:
– 1 bottle Yakult
– 5 teaspoons sunflower / sesame / olive oil
– 1 table spoon rice wine vinegar (or white wine vinegar / apple cider)
2. Wash hair with normal shampoo and rinse. Next apply hair rinse to your hair and scalp, massage
down the ends. Take a few moments to massage your scalp in a slow, shampooing action.
3. Wrap your hair in a towel and leave to absorb 30 minutes (it can be left overnight if
desired), rinse hair, with a little more shampoo then dry as normal.
Did you know that the vinegar lowers the PH of the scalp, and can help to flatten hair follicles?
Are your poor hands feeling the effects of all the additional hand washing? If so this nifty scrub can have them (and your feet) feeling brand new again.
You will need:
– 2 tablespoons rice
– 1/2 Bottle of Yakult
– 2 tablespoons of oats
– 2 tablespoons of ground ginger
– 4 tablespoons of sunflower oil (again you can substitute for another natural oil)
1, Combine all the ingredients and allow to stand for up to 15 minutes for the rice and oats to soften.
2, Take a small amount of the mixture and using the palm of your hands, gentle apply to the skin and then rub palms together.
3, Massage over the backs of your hands and wrists, adding more where necessary. Really work the mixture into all of the skin, including the nail beds for up to 5 minutes and paying attention to typically rough areas.
4, Leave on the skin for up to 5 minutes and rinse off.
5, You can do the above but apply to the feet too.
Don’t worry if you don’t have time to jot down the above recipes, I have shared all three over on my Instagram account so you can save, share and re-create at your own pace.
- Why I’ve Swapped to a Jasmine Silk Pillowcase
- Liz Earle Brighten & Boost Superskin Facial Collection
- The Mineral Foundation that Improved My Acne Prone Skin